Thu, Jun 22|
ETLC 6th Floor, University of Alberta
Course: Leadership & Management for Tech Professionals
Harvard Kennedy-School trained adaptive leadership instructor: Dr. Cristina Stasia. Outstanding guest leadership coaches with real-world experience in diverse fields including engineering, scientific research, and law. 3:1 attendee/instructor ratio. All course materials included.
Time & Location
Jun 22, 2023, 5:00 p.m. – Jun 24, 2023, 5:00 p.m.
ETLC 6th Floor, University of Alberta, 9120 116 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2V4, Canada
About the Event
In this Leadership and Management Course for Tech Professionals from the University of Alberta and Technology Alberta, you will receive world-class instruction from Cristina Stasia PH.D. Cristina is trained in Public Leadership, with a focus on adaptive leadership, at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. She teaches, trains, and coaches at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels including for the Adaptive Leadership Network, the Broad Institute, Sunwah (Hong Kong), and municipalities across Alberta.
Engineering industries and the way we need to lead to meet the demands of our increasingly complex world have changed drastically. It is time for how we practice leadership to catch up. This program will help you and your organization get out of your own way. Adaptive leadership helps both individuals and organizations adapt and thrive in the face of change. It is a powerful leadership framework that emerged synchronously with our increasingly interconnected, global, and interdependent world. It was created specifically to meet today’s challenges, with yesterday’s wisdom and today’s tools, for tomorrow’s problems.
Adaptive challenges are complex, both in how to identify them and—especially—how to make progress on them. They require changes in values, beliefs, attitudes, relationships, and behaviours. Through a combination of experiential learning, live case analysis, peer groups, lecture, and reflection, we will show you, not just tell you, how to pace change and build your own and your organization’s adaptive capacity.
Course Competencies & Core Skills:
- Effective decision making
- Test ideas through experiments to assess and manage risk
- Recognize and manage biases and personal values in problem-solving
- Organizational development, including how to engage stakeholders and opponents
- Design actionable strategies to address complex leadership challenges in organizations
- Manage diverse teams effectively
- Reflect critically on leadership, learning, and development experiences
- Strategic thinking and decision making
- How to mobilize change that is effective and sustainable
- Create a solid and inclusive organizational culture
- Embrace and learn from failure
Included with the course:
- Harvard-Kennedy School trained adaptive leadership instructor: Dr. Cristina Stasia
- Outstanding guest leadership coaches with real-world experience in diverse fields including engineering, scientific research, and law
- Tour and networking mixer details TBA
- 22 hours of Course Instruction (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and post-course follow-up). Schedule details TBA
- Certificate of Completion for Industry Course on Adaptive Leadership & Management for Tech Professionals granted by Technology Alberta
- Opportunity to access and network with local tech entrepreneurial leaders
- 3:1 attendee/instructor ratio
- All course materials
- Peer group coaching
- "Cheat sheets" with each core concept and discussion questions so you can continue the work with your teams
- Catered lunches and coffee/tea
- I <3 Alberta TECH Golf Shirt in your size (See our marketplace for photos)
Sign up now to learn together with your community of Alberta tech professionals! Companies who have already participated include: Onlea, HealthGauge, Areto Labs, DevFacto, and more.
Register before June 1, 2023 for early bird pricing. Multi-ticket pricing also available.
Please email email@example.com if you require additional information or assistance for any grant/funding applications.
If you have any questions or wish to reach out to the event hosts, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course: Day 1 of 3 In-personTBA
Course: Day 2 of 3 In-personETLC 6th Flr
Early Bird - First Ticket$1,800.00Tax: +$90.00 GSTSale ended
Early Bird - Additional Ticket$1,600.00Tax: +$80.00 GSTSale ended
Regular - First Ticket$2,000.00Tax: +$100.00 GSTSale ended
Regular - Additional Ticket$1,800.00Tax: +$90.00 GSTSale ended